|Title of the article
COMPARATIVE LEGAL ANALYSIS OF THE CHILREN’S OMBUDSMAN’S LEGAL STATUS IN RUSSIA AND USA
Likhter Pavel Leonidovich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The development of the institution of the children’s ombudsman abroad indicates that it is an important instrument of a democratic legal state. Today it is obvious that there is a need for the children’s ombudsman to coordinate the activities of public authorities and nongovernmental institutions. The article aims at considering the experience of the children’s ombudsman in the United States, comparing the legal status of the children’s ombudsman in the United States and Russia, as well as making recommendations to improve the efficiency of the children’s ombudsman in Russia.
Materials and methods. The study is based on monographs and periodicals. The basic methods used in the article are the comparative and legal, formal and legal, historical and legal ones.
Results. The article investigates various models of the institution of the children’s ombudsman in the United States, examines the legal status of the family and children ombudsman in Washington and gives a comparative analysis of the children’s ombudsman in the United States and Russia.
Conclusions. The author proved the feasibility of the increase in the powers of the children’s ombudsman in the RF constituent territories which is based on the analysis of the positive experience of their US counterparts.
the children’s ombudsman in the Russian Federation, the children’s ombudsman in the United States, protection of children's rights.
|| Download PDF
1. Reif L. C. The Ombudsman, Good Governance, and the International Human Rights System. Koninklije Brill NV, Leiden, The Netherlands, 2004.
2. O'Neill M. K. Pulling Back the Curtain: State Children's Ombudsmen at Work. Available at: http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/child_law/moira_oneill_ dissertation_2011.authcheckdam.pdf.
3. Nowak K. B. Children’s Ombudsman offices | office of the child advocate. Available at: http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/childrens-ombudsman-offices.aspx.
4. Dowd P. 2014 Annual Report Office of the Family and Children’s Ombuds. Available at: http://ofco.wa.gov/documents/OFCO-2014-Annual-Report.pdf.
5. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of legislation of RF]. 2012, no. 53 (part 1) (31 Dec.), art. 7597.
6. Astakhov A. P. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2014, 27 Oct.
7. Respublika Bashkortostan [the Republic of Bashkortostan]. 2009, no. 249 (26984) (30 Dec.).
8. Kovtkov D. I. Arbitrazhnyy i grazhdanskiy protsess [Arbitration and civil procedures]. 2013,no.11,pp.34–38.
9. Sintsov G. V. Gosudarstvennaya vlast' i mestnoe samoupravlenie [State authority and local self-government]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 18–22.
10. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of legislation of RF]. 2012, no. 23 (4 Jun.), art. 2994.
Дата создания: 22.07.2015 09:42
Дата обновления: 27.07.2015 09:26